Create an Event (Lead Capture Only)
Creating events is an easy task. In this article we will show you how to create an event specifically for lead capture. The following sections are included:
- Create Event
- Adding Users to the Event
- Adding Topics/Follow Ups to your event
- Setting up your Event for Lead Capture
A. Create Event
In this example, we will be creating an event specifically for Lead Capture.
- Create Event (Dashboard Tab)
a. Go to the Dashboard tab
b. Mouse-over the “Create Event” icon and click
You can also create the event from the Events tab:
c. Go to Events tab
d. Mouse-over the “Create an Event” icon and click
2. In the Event screen you will need to fill in the following fields:
a. Event Name
b. Event Type
c. Event Location
d. Event Time Zone
e. Event Dates [Start][End] - Admins should use the actual dates that the event will be live. Please note
these fields are locked and cannot be edited once the event starts.
f. Event Management Period [Start][End] - The window in which users can interact with this Event, including
setting up the Event, scanning leads, and making revisions to captured data. A typical window to use
might be 2 weeks before and after the event dates. Please note these fields are locked once the Event
g. Data Sync Profile (This may automatically load if you already have a sync profile setup/saved). If not you
will need to setup your MA/CRM. See Integration Guides.
h. Marketing Consent - Marketing Consent allows event reps to capture consent from leads during the
capture process. Use Marketing Consent to ensure you use captured personal information in
compliance with regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or California
Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), as well as your organization’s own policies. For detailed instructions
on how to enable marketing consent see this article.
To enable Marketing Consent (GDPR) toggle the radio button to “Yes”
i. Enter Campaign ID Number (You may need this for your MA/CRM as a unique identifier)
j. In the field “Event Name Test” at the lower right, you will be required to enter a name.
k. Click the “Save & Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
You will be directed to the next screen (Users). If you have already exited from the setup wizard you can click on the “Users” tab.
B. Adding Users to the Event
On the "Users" screen you will be prompted with 3 options to add users:
- Select from a global directory
- Duplicate from another event
- Skip (you can add users later using one of the above 2 methods)
Select From a Global Directory
1. If you already have a directory of atEvent users for your company, you can easily add them to your event using this method.
a. Start by clicking “Select from a Global Directory”
b. Then click the “Continue” button
2. All of your company’s registered atEvent users will appear, and by default, be selected in the checkbox. If you want to add only a few users to this event, you can uncheck the global “select all” and fill in the checkbox only for those users you want to add.
In the example below, we choose to uncheck all users and then manually check 3 users. The action is completed by clicking the “Confirm” button at the lower right. Once saved, only these users appear.
3. If you decide to add other users later just mouse-over and click “Edit” located at the upper right. The list of users will appear again, and you can add by filling in the checkbox next to the user's name. Click Confirm” to save the changes as before.
Duplicate From Another Event
- You can also add users from another event by selecting “Duplicate From Another Event”
2. This leads you to a screen where you can search on existing events by typing their name in the search box:
a. In the text box for this example we have typed “Test”
b. A dropdown menu will appear containing possible matches
3. Select one of the searched for events:
a. In this example we have chosen “Test Check-In Event”
b. Click the “Continue” button
You will be redirected to the Users screen for that event and you can add them by filling in the checkbox(es) as shown in the above example for “Select from a Global Directory”.
Skip Adding Users
- If you are unsure of the participants for a newly created event you can choose to skip adding users at this time by pressing the “Skip” button. This will take you to the Attendees screen
C. Adding Topics/Follow-Ups to your event
If you want to add Topics and Follow-Ups to your event please see the following article.
D. Setting up your Event for Lead Capture
Business Card Scanning
By default your event is already set up for business card scanning. However, if your event is international and you will be capturing leads from countries with languages other than English you may have decided to purchase the multilingual business card transcription service.
Multilingual Business Card Transcription
If your event is not already setup for multilingual business card transcription you can enable it.
- Start by going to your event. Mouse-over and click the “Edit” button
2. Enable multilingual business card transcription by performing the following:
a. Toggle the radial button to “Yes”
b. Click in the box labeled “Select Language”. A dropdown menu will appear where you have the option to select the languages that you anticipate for your event. Select them by filling in the checkbox for each language
QRcode/Barcode scanning using Lead Retrieval (LR) vendor
atEvent supports a variety of Lead Retrieval vendors. If you have purchased a lead retrieval API package through a 3rd party vendor you can enable the settings in atEvent. All of the necessary event setup parameters should be included in the API integration document provided to you by the lead retrieval vendor. In order to proceed forward with your setup please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the LR vendor API information so that the atEvent Customer Support team can complete setup and testing of the LR integration.