Updating Your Pardot Integration
* Authentication Update
A. Pardot/ Salesforce Integration Requirements (Pardot)
Note: If the Pardot user you will be using for the integration is already Salesforce SSO enabled, then you can skip this section and go to Section B.
Map Salesforce and Pardot Usernames
If you have existing Pardot users, map them to their user record in Salesforce before you proceed with Salesforce User Sync. If users aren’t mapped, the system ignores those Pardot users and they don’t sync. For business units without User Sync, map users and then enable Salesforce Single Sign-on (SSO). Salesforce credentials are required to access Pardot.
- In Pardot, open the user record for editing.
- From the CRM Username dropdown, select the user’s Salesforce username.
- Save the user.
- Click the Verify now link in the CRM Username line of the user record.
Repeat these steps for each user you want to map
Set Up Salesforce SSO for Pardot
If you don’t use Salesforce User Sync, manually enable Salesforce single sign-on (SSO) to allow users to access Pardot. SSO lets users log in to Pardot with their Salesforce credentials.
Note: After SSO is enabled, users log in and out of Pardot with their Salesforce credentials. If a user signs out of the Pardot app, their Salesforce session can still be active. To completely log out, have users log out of Salesforce.
Before you enable SSO for users, make sure they’re mapped to the correct Salesforce username.(See Section A above)
- Open the Users page. Select Admin (Pardot Settings in the Lightning app), and then User Management | Users.
- Select the users who need SSO enabled.
- From the dropdown under the table, select Enable Salesforce single sign-on.
After SSO is enabled, users can access Pardot with their Salesforce credentials or through the Pardot Lightning app in Salesforce.
B. Updating your atEvent/Pardot Integration (atEvent)
1. Once logged into atEvent Central, mouse-over the circular icon at the right and select “Company Settings” from the dropdown menu.
2. Click "MA/CRM Configuration" tab
3. Pardot Profile
a. Click in the window and select your Pardot profile
b. Click the "Edit" button
4. Pardot Domain
a. Click inside the Pardot Domain field and a dropdown will appear
b. Default Production domain: pi.pardot.com (This is the production domain you will use in most cases).
Sandbox domain: pi.demo.pardot.com (*Only use this domain if you intend to do testing before
switching to Production)
5. Pardot Business Unit ID: (*Salesforce login required)
Note: You will have to login to Salesforce to retrieve your Pardot Business Unit ID. Log into Salesforce using the same account you use to log into Pardot
a. Open a new browser window and login to Salesforce. Log into Salesforce using the same account you use to log into Pardot
b. Once logged in to Salesforce go to Pardot / Pardot Account Setup / Business Unit ID and copy it.
5. Pardot Business Unit ID (atEvent MA/CRM configuration) continued:
c. Copy the Business Unit ID retrieved from Salesforce and enter it into this field
6. Click "Test Connection"
7. If successful your Pardot profile will now be active and you will be able to click "Save & Fetch Fields to update any field mapping
How fast will my contacts appear in Pardot?
Usually a few seconds after they have been synced from the atEvent dashboard.
How does this feature work when my devices are offline?
Contacts are queued to be added to atEvent as soon as the data synchronizes to the atEvent dashboard.
Can I use the same Pardot sync profile over multiple events?
Yes, once your Pardot sync profile has been activated in the Company Settings it can be enabled in any of your current active events.
How do I disable or remove an integration from an event?
From the Event screen, under Data Sync Profile, unselect the currently displayed sync profile and set it to “None”. You can also disable or delete the profile for those cases where you want to remove it from several events.
For any additional questions regarding this feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager or contact Support (email@example.com) for any assistance.