HubSpot Integration Guide
atEvent offers the deepest, most flexible HubSpot integration—so your team can capture the insights you need at every event, conference, and tradeshow and transfer them into HubSpot automatically for near real-time follow-up and nurture. With our HubSpot integration, you can instantly convert the details of people you collect at events into HubSpot prospects. You can share any text-based or selection data from your event forms.
What the integration can do:
- Pass the data in real-time, at the end of the day, at the end of the event or on demand (e.g., manually)
- atEvent prioritizes updating an existing contact in HubSpot based off of email, and if no contact is found based off of email, then a new contact is created
What the integration cannot do:
- Create or update any other objects (e.g., companies, deals, etc.)
By using your Hubspot admin user credentials you can seamlessly integrate the atEvent platform to your unique Hubspot instance. This will allow you to automate the lead creation/update process from leads captured through the atEvent app at events. We offer two types of integration: Advanced and Basic.
Advanced Integration (Form Based)
Provides flexibility to have the atEvent fields map to a HubSpot form.
Basic Integration (Contact Property Mapping)
Take atEvent fields and map them to your Hubspot Contact fields which updates the Contact Object.
Whether you choose Advanced or Basic Integration, you can create Campaigns which can trigger activities while still at an event. Here are a few examples:
- Send personalized follow up emails (thank you, collateral, white paper, etc.)
- Send sales alerts
- Add to lists
- Update attendee information
For more info on pre and post-event marketing demand gen best practices, please review our article:
How to Maximize Demand Gen from Events using atEvent + HubSpot.
How to Setup your HubSpot Integration
This help article is divided into 3 sections:
- Create API User (HubSpot)*
- Create Custom Properties (HubSpot)* * permissions required in HubSpot
- Set up atEvent/Hubspot Integration (atEvent)
A. Create API User (HubSpot)
1. Login to your HubSpot live account
a. Enter Email Address
b. Enter Password
c. Press “Login”
2. Click on the Settings icon at the upper right
3. In Settings select “Users & Teams”
4. Select “Create User” button to add users
5. Enter Information
a. Email Address
b. First Name
c. Last Name
d. Click “Next” button
6. Allow contacts access to View and Edit by setting to “Everything”, then click “Next” button
7. Select "Send"
B. Create Custom Properties (HubSpot)
1. Select “Contacts” from top of screen menu
2. Select “Contacts Settings” from the dropdown menu
3. Select “Contact Properties” from the left menu
4. Select “Create New Property” button
From here you can create a new property and later map to it from atEvent. See the end of Section C for mapping.
Note: When creating properties in HubSpot make sure that when creating qualifers (Topics/Follow Ups) in atEvent that you create the exact options for each that match the HubSpot option
C. Set up atEvent (HubSpot Integration)
- Once logged into atEvent Central, mouse-over the circular icon at the right and select “Company Settings” from the dropdown menu.
2. Click "MA/CRM Configuration" tab
3. Create a New Profile
a. In the empty box enter a name for your new profile
b. Click the (+) icon to save it.
4. Profile MA/CRM
a. Click inside the MA/CRM box and a dropdown menu will appear
b. Select “HubSpot” from the dropdown menu
5. Once selected, OAUTH should prompt you to login/allow access to HubSpot. Confirm authorization by completing login.
6. Setting Sync Schedule
a. Go to “Data Push Schedule” and click inside the box for the schedule options
b. Select one of four options for Push Schedule:
- End of Event
- End of Day
7. Click “Test Connection”
8. Once successful connection has been established, click “Save and Fetch CRM Fields”
If the “Save and Fetch” request is successful you will receive the following popup messages:
You will also be able to see the Field Mapping screen.
9. Map atEvent fields to the appropriate HubSpot name.
a. Click in any field that is labeled "Not Mapped"
b. A blue search box (blue) and dropdown list (purple) of HubSpot options will appear. You can search for a
HubSpot option by typing it in the blue search box. Any searched option that matches will immediately
appear in the dropdown list and can be selected. You can also use the scrolling feature of the dropdown
menu to search for HubSpot options if you are not familiar with the exact names.
c. Click on the HubSpot option and it will automatically save. In this example we are mapping the atEvent
field "First Name" to the HubSpot field "firstname"
d. After finishing with field mappings scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the “Save” button
Here is a short video showing the mapping of Email:
How fast will my contacts appear in HubSpot?
Usually a few seconds after they have been synced from the atEvent dashboard.
How does this feature work when my devices are offline?
Contacts are queued to be added to atEvent as soon as your device goes online and the data synchronizes to the atEvent dashboard.
Can I use the same HubSpot sync profile over multiple events?
Yes, once your HubSpot sync profile has been activated in the Company Settings it can be enabled in any of your current active events.
How do I disable or remove an integration from an event?
From the Event screen, under Data Sync Profile, unselect the currently displayed sync profile and set it to “None”. You can also disable or delete the profile for those cases where you want to remove it from several events.
For any additional questions regarding this feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager or contact Support (email@example.com) for any assistance.