Setting Up a Pardot Dynamic List with Rule
Dynamic Lists allow you retrieve leads data from atEvent once your leads have synced to Pardot. By setting up a rule your dynamic list will update automatically.
Setting Up a Pardot Dynamic List with Rule
This article contains the following sections:
- Create Prospect Field (Pardot)
- Setting up atEvent/Pardot Integration (atEvent)
- Create Dynamic List with Rule (Pardot)
A. Create Prospect Field (Pardot)
1. Once logged in with new user, under Admin/Configure Fields click on “Prospect Fields”
2. On the Prospect Fields screen click the “Add Custom Field” button
3. Add the following custom field:
a. Name: atEvent Event Name
b. Custom Field ID: atEvent_Event_Name
c. Type: Text
d. Check Record and Display multiple responses (This means that new values would be appended on update of this field)
e. Click “Create Custom Field” button
Note: Prior to creating fields, please confirm discovery meeting has taken place with atEvent so use cases have been confirmed
B. Setting up atEvent/Pardot Integration (atEvent)
1. Once logged into atEvent Central, mouse-over the circular icon at the right and select “Company Settings” from the dropdown menu.
2. Click "MA/CRM Configuration" tab
3. Pardot Sync Profile
a. Select the Pardot sync profile from the dropdown menu
b. User Key
4. Click “Test Connection”
5. Save and Fetch CRM Fields: Once successful connection has been established, click “Save and Fetch CRM Fields”
Save and Fetch CRM Fields continued: If the “Save and Fetch” request is successful you will receive the following popup messages:
You will also be able to see the Field Mapping screen.
6. Map atEvent fields to the appropriate Pardot name:
a. Scroll down and look for the Additional Field “Event Name”
b. Click on “Not Mapped”
c. A search box (blue) and dropdown list (purple) of Pardot options will appear. You can search for a Pardot
option by typing it in the blue search box. Any searched option that matches will immediately appear in
the dropdown list and can be selected. You can also use the scrolling feature of the dropdown menu to
search for Pardot options if you are not familiar with the exact names. Search for by typing “atEvent Event
d. Click on the Pardot option and it will automatically save. In this example we are mapping the atEvent field
"Event Name" to the Pardot field "atEventEventName".
e. After finishing with field mappings scroll to the bottom and click “Save” button
Here is a quick video showing the mapping of Email:
Note: Make sure that your Sync profile has also been assigned in your event also. Otherwise your leads will not successfully sync to your MA/CRM.
C. Create Dynamic List with Rule (Pardot)
- Log in to Pardot and go to Marketing → Segmentation → Lists
2. From the Lists screen click on “+ Add List” button
3. List Information, enter the following:
a. Name: Enter a name that is unique to the Pardot user
b. Folder: Archive the List in a location that is convenient for the project
c. Dynamic List: Be sure to fill in this checkbox so you can create a rule
d. Archive Date: You can select today’s date
e. Select “Create List” button
4. Dynamic List Rules: Click “+ Add New Rule”
5. Dynamic List Rules continued:
a. Click in the empty box and a dropdown menu will appear
b. Select “Prospect custom field”
6. Dynamic List Rules continued:
a. Click in the empty box to the right of "Prospect custom field" and another dropdown menu will appear.
b. Select “atEventEventName”
c. Click “Preview” button
7. Dynamic List Rules:
a. Click in the empty box to the right of "atEventEventName" and another dropdown menu will appear. From
the dropdown menu select “contains”
b. In the empty box enter your atEvent Event Name for the list.
c. Click the “Preview” button
8. Preview Matches: The search on your rules criteria may take some time. Pardot will inform you when
any matches have been found. Once matches have been found click the “Run Rules” button.
9. List Results: Click on your List (Marketing → Segmentation→ Lists) and any leads for this event that have
synced from atEvent to Pardot should now automatically appear in the list.
How fast will my contacts appear in Pardot?
Usually a few seconds after they have been synced from the atEvent dashboard.
How does this feature work when my devices are offline?
Contacts are queued to be added to atEvent as soon as the data synchronizes to the atEvent dashboard.
Can I use the same Pardot sync profile over multiple events?
Yes, once your Pardot sync profile has been activated in the Company Settings it can be enabled in any of your current active events.