Create an Event (Check-In only)
Creating events is an easy task. In this article we will show you how to create an event specifically for check-in. The following sections are included:
- Create Event
- Adding Users to the Event
- Adding Attendees to the Event
- Adding Topics/Follow Ups to the Event
A. Create Event
In this example, we will be creating an event specifically for Lead Capture.
1. Create Event
a. Go to the Dashboard tab
b. Mouse-over the “Create Event” icon and click
You can also create the event from the Events tabc. Go to Events tab
d. Mouse-over the “Create an Event” icon and click
2. In the Event screen you will need to fill in the following fields:
a. Event Name
b. Event Type
c. Event Location
d. Event Time Zone
e. Event Dates [Start][End] - Admins should use the actual dates that the event will be live. Please note these fields are locked and uneditable once the event starts.
f. Event Management Period [Start][End] - The window in which users can interact with this Event, including setting up the Event, scanning leads, and making revisions to captured data. A typical window to use might be 2 weeks before and after the event dates. Please note these fields are locked once the Event Management Period
g. Data Sync Profile (This may automatically load if you already have a sync profile setup/saved). If not you will need to setup your MA/CRM. See Integration articles.
h. Marketing Consent - Marketing Consent allows event reps to capture consent from leads during the capture process. Use Marketing Consent to ensure you use captured personal information in compliance with regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), as well as your organization’s own policies. For detailed instructions on how to enable marketing consent see this article.
i. Enter Campaign ID Number (You may need this for your MA/CRM as a unique identifier)j. In the field “Event Name Test” at the lower right, you will be required to enter a name.
k. Click the “Save & Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
You will be directed to the next screen (Users). Or, if you have already exited from the setup wizard, you can click on the “Users” tab.
B. Adding Users to the Event
On the "Users" screen, you will be prompted with 3 options to add users:
- Select from a global directory
- Duplicate from another event
- Skip (you can add users later using one of the above 2 methods)
Select From a Global Directory1. If you already have a directory of atEvent users for your company, you can easily add them to your event using this method
a. Start by clicking “Select from a Global Directory”
b. Then click “Continue”
2. All of your company’s registered atEvent users will appear, and by default, be selected in the checkbox. If you want to add only a few users to this event, you can uncheck the global “select all” and fill in the checkbox only for those users you want to add. You can also search on existing users by typing their name in the search box and then fill in the checkbox to the left of their name to add them.
In the example below, we choose to uncheck all users and then manually check 3 users. The action is completed by clicking the “Confirm” button at the lower right. Once saved, only these users appear.
3, If you decide to add other users later just mouse-over and click “Edit” located at the upper right. The list of users will appear again, and you can add by filling in the checkbox next to the user's name. Click Confirm” to save the changes as before.
Duplicate from another event
You can also add users from another event by selecting “Duplicate From Another Event”
2. This leads you to a screen where you can search on existing events by typing their name in the search box:
a. In the text box for this example we have typed a search on “Test”
b. A dropdown menu will appear containing possible matches
3. Select one of the searched for events:a. In this example we have chosen “Test Check-In Event”
b. Click the “Continue” button
You will be redirected to the Users screen for that event and you can add them by filling in the checkbox(es) as shown in the above example for “Select from a Global Directory”.
Skip Adding Users
1. If you are unsure of the participants that will be attending a newly created event you can choose to skip adding users at this time by pressing the “Skip” button. This will take you to the Attendees screen
C. Adding Attendees to the Event
On the Attendees screen, you will be prompted with 3 options to add attendees:
- Upload CSV
- Add Attendees Manually
- Sync from MA/CRM
1. Before attempting to upload a CSV attendee list please download the template. The template provides the necessary column formatting to avoid errors when uploading. Download the template by clicking on the link “Download CSV Template”
2. Open the template using Excel and enter personal information for each attendee. In this example, we will enter 2 attendees (Jane Doe, James Cagney).
a. Enter personal data in each of the 6 columns:
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- Phone Number * indicates required fields
b. Save the file to your desktop as CSV (comma delimited).
c. Upload the CSV by clicking “Browse”
d. Select the saved CSV on your desktop
e. Click “Open”
f. The uploaded attendee file (CSV Upload.csv) should now appear in the browse window
g. Press the “Continue” button
h. You will receive an alert message “Success!” if your attendees uploaded without error. If you receive an error message please correct data and repeat upload process
i. Your newly uploaded attendees will appear
j. Press “Save & Continue” to complete the attendee upload process
Add Attendees Manually
1. You can also manually add attendees by creating them in atEvent.
a. Start by clicking in the center box “Add Manually”
b. Click “Continue”
2. Enter attendee information:
a. First Name*, Last Name*, Company, Title, Email*, Phone Number (* Required Fields)
b. Press “Save”
c. Click “Save & Continue” button
Your new attendee has now been added to your event.
Sync Attendees from MA/CRM
1. Another option is to import attendees from your MA/CRM
a. Click on “Sync From MA/CRM”
b. Click “Continue” button
2. A screen will load with Sync information
a. Click in the box labeled “Choose a List”. If you already have a sync profile selected for your event a dropdown menu will appear with static lists of sync profiles.
b. You can search on lists by typing in the first few letters. In this example we have typed in a search on “Hubspot”.
c. From the list results for this search we have selected “2019_Q2_Hubspot User Blog Email”
3. Sync interval is the frequency that you want atEvent to check your MA/CRM for updates to the selected sync list from Step 2.
a. Choose the sync interval by clicking inside the box labeled “Choose Sync Interval”. In this example we have selected “15 minutes”
b. Click the “Sync” button”
4. List syncing will take a few minutes depending on the size of the file. A circle icon will cycle on the screen while the sync process is completing.
5. You will either receive a “Success” or “Failed” alert designating the quantity if attendees. If some of the uploaded attendees failed it might be because they are missing the minimum required fields (First Name*, Last Name*, Email*). The attendees that were synced should now be added to your event. Your event is now ready to check-in attendees using the app.
D. Add Topics/Follow Ups to your event
If you want to add Topics and Follow Ups to your event please see the following article.