How to set up atEvent to capture marketing consent for compliance with GDPR, CCPA and internal policies
Marketing Consent allows event reps to capture consent from leads during the capture process. Use Marketing Consent to ensure you use captured personal information in compliance with regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), as well as your organization’s own policies.
This article contains the following sections:
- Short Video explaining Marketing Consent
- Enable Marketing Consent for your Event
- Mapping Marketing Consent in your MA/CRM Configuration
A. Short Video explaining Marketing Consent
B. Enable Marketing Consent for your Event
- From the company dashboard go to your Event page by clicking on it in the event list.
2. In your event window click the "Edit" button in the upper right.
3. Scroll down until you find "Will your event require Marketing Consent?". To enable Marketing Consent (GDPR) toggle the radio button to “Yes” (default set to “No”)
4. Complete Consent Language Details by the following steps:
b. Enter the Agreement Statement
c. Enter the Disagreement Statement
d. Enter a Custom Optional Opt-In Statement (Not Required)
e. Require Signature for Agreement. This is enabled by filling in the checkbox
5. Once you have finished steps 3 and 4 scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Save”. Your event’s Marketing Consent (GDPR) setup is now complete.
B. Mapping Marketing Consent in your MA/CRM Configuration
Regardless of the language chosen for the agreement and disagreement statements, the value that gets passed when mapping the Marketing Consent field to an MA/CRM field is either “true” or “false.”
There are two fields to map for marketing consent:
- Marketing Consent passes “true” if the user has selected the agreement statement, and “false” if the user has selected the disagreement statement.
- Consent Opt-Ins passes a string containing all of the selected opt-ins delimited by a semicolon (;). For example, “Phone; SMS; Email”.
Tip: At a minimum your Marketing Consent setup will need both an agreement and disagreement statement. It is up to your admins to decide whether or not to additionally include opt-ins as well as signature capture
GDPR Consent-at-Capture is offered as an add-on feature. Please contact Customer Success at firstname.lastname@example.org for access to this feature.